US: El Gran Jubileo comes to US
Spirits importer Central Texas Spirits, Inc. has lined up the launch of three Tequilas from El Gran Jubileo in the US later this month.
The family-owned importer and wholesaler said yesterday (23 October) that distribution of El Gran Jubileo's Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo Tequilas will begin next week.
El Gran Jubileo is produced by family-owned Destilería La Alborada, located in the town of Tequila in the state of Jalisco in Mexico. Prior to the distribution deal, the brand has been available only at boutique liquor stores and at "the most exclusive" resorts in Mexico, the company said, and will be introduced initially at select events in both Texas and Florida.
"The introduction of the brand in the US will be deliberate and methodical for all three labels," said Michael Fahrenthold of Central Texas Spirits. The company plans to hold tasting events at resorts and clubs throughout Texas and the southern US for the three Tequilas.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month's just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-M...
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine and Sauza Tequila are to launch a boxed margarita cocktail....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to launch a mulitmillion dollar advertising campaign for the Tequlia brand Hornitos....
Altamar Brands is to release a Tequila Ocho 2009 vintage in the US in time for the Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo....
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its "value" spirits business to Sazerac Co for a total of US$334m....
Global Brands has unveiled an addition to its beer portfolio in the UK....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends