Product Launch - US: E&J Gallo's Shellback
Click through to view E&J Gallo's Shellback
E&J Gallo's Shellback
Category - Spirits, rum, Barbados, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, in 30 states
Price - SRP of US$17 per 75cl bottle, also available in 5cl, 20cl, 37.5cl and 1-litre bottles
Distribution - E&J Gallo
E&J Gallo is branching into the rum category in the US through the launch of Shellback in the country, according to local reports.
Californian newspaper the Modesto Bee said late last week that the wine company is upping its spirits presence with the roll-out of two variants under the Shellback name. Silver and Spiced were released at the weekend, the paper said, each carrying a price of US$17 per 75cl bottle.
Both rums are produced by West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados, before being bottled by Gallo in California.
Back in July, Gallo added two additional flavours to its New Amsterdam vodka range in the US.
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report