Product Launch - US: E&J Gallo's Shellback
Click through to view E&J Gallo's Shellback
E&J Gallo's Shellback
Category - Spirits, rum, Barbados, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, in 30 states
Price - SRP of US$17 per 75cl bottle, also available in 5cl, 20cl, 37.5cl and 1-litre bottles
Distribution - E&J Gallo
E&J Gallo is branching into the rum category in the US through the launch of Shellback in the country, according to local reports.
Californian newspaper the Modesto Bee said late last week that the wine company is upping its spirits presence with the roll-out of two variants under the Shellback name. Silver and Spiced were released at the weekend, the paper said, each carrying a price of US$17 per 75cl bottle.
Both rums are produced by West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados, before being bottled by Gallo in California.
Back in July, Gallo added two additional flavours to its New Amsterdam vodka range in the US.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review