Product Launch - US: E&J Gallo's Shellback
Click through to view E&J Gallo's Shellback
E&J Gallo's Shellback
Category - Spirits, rum, Barbados, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, in 30 states
Price - SRP of US$17 per 75cl bottle, also available in 5cl, 20cl, 37.5cl and 1-litre bottles
Distribution - E&J Gallo
E&J Gallo is branching into the rum category in the US through the launch of Shellback in the country, according to local reports.
Californian newspaper the Modesto Bee said late last week that the wine company is upping its spirits presence with the roll-out of two variants under the Shellback name. Silver and Spiced were released at the weekend, the paper said, each carrying a price of US$17 per 75cl bottle.
Both rums are produced by West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados, before being bottled by Gallo in California.
Back in July, Gallo added two additional flavours to its New Amsterdam vodka range in the US.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research