Product Launch - US: E&J Gallo's Shellback
Click through to view E&J Gallo's Shellback
E&J Gallo's Shellback
Category - Spirits, rum, Barbados, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, in 30 states
Price - SRP of US$17 per 75cl bottle, also available in 5cl, 20cl, 37.5cl and 1-litre bottles
Distribution - E&J Gallo
E&J Gallo is branching into the rum category in the US through the launch of Shellback in the country, according to local reports.
Californian newspaper the Modesto Bee said late last week that the wine company is upping its spirits presence with the roll-out of two variants under the Shellback name. Silver and Spiced were released at the weekend, the paper said, each carrying a price of US$17 per 75cl bottle.
Both rums are produced by West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados, before being bottled by Gallo in California.
Back in July, Gallo added two additional flavours to its New Amsterdam vodka range in the US.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk