Product Launch - EUROPE: E&J Gallo Winery's Gallo Family Vineyards Summer White
Click through to view E&J Gallo Winery's Gallo Family Vineyards Summer White
E&J Gallo Winery's Gallo Family Vineyards Summer White
Category - Wine, white, California, 5.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Europe-wide. In the UK, off-trade, in branches of Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA, as well as in “impulse and convenience stores”
Price - RRP in UK of GBP6.99 (US$10.60) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - E&J Gallo
E&J Gallo Winery has lined up the European launch of the Summer White extension of its Gallo Family Vineyards wine brand. In the UK, the white variant, which is a blend of French Colombard, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Moscato, follows the release of Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Red in 2011. It will only be available across Europe, specifically the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands and the Nordic countries.
In the UK, the launch will be backed by a GBP1m (US$1.5m) “communications campaign” that will feature sampling, PR, trade marketing, social media activity and advertising.
Gallo is hoping to reverse the falling trend for Californian wine in the UK with the new variant. On an MAT to 8 December last year, the region's wines saw volumes fall by 8.2% in the country.
Earlier today, the head of Gallo's Europe, Middle East and Africa operations, Bill Roberts, told just-drinks about the company's hopes for Africa's wine markets.
Gallo Family Vineyards has unveiled a new range addition - Gallo Family Vineyards Summer White.
This latest product has been created specifically for the consumer who enjoys lighter and fruitier styles and has an ABV of 5.5%.
Summer White will sit alongside the other products in the Gallo Family Vineyards portfolio and its launch follows the success of Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Red – which was introduced in 2011 and crowned Sainsbury’s Product Launch of the Year in the beer, wines and spirits category.
The addition of Summer White demonstrates the brand’s commitment to innovation in the category, with recent figures showing that 43% of consumers would opt in favour of lighter styles, over traditional wines*.
Summer White will be a key priority for Gallo Family Vineyards in 2013, as the company aims to drive volume and further increase the popularity of the lighter style category.
Gallo Family Vineyards Summer White will be supported by an integrated communications campaign, which will include sampling, PR, trade marketing, social media activity and advertising. A Summer White brand ambassador will also be announced shortly and the launch will be further supported by TV sponsorship.
With its light and fruity style, Summer White has flavours of ripe apple, pear and citrus, as well as subtle floral notes.
Summer White will be rolled out across the UK in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA – and will also be available from impulse and convenience stores – with an RRP of £6.99.
Original source: Company Release
Plaimont Producteurs has created the position of sales & marketing director....
Gallo Family Vineyards has signed-up singer and TV presenter Louise Redknapp to help promote its new low-alcohol wine, Summer White, in the UK. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research