S AFRICA: E&J Gallo Winery enters South African market
Gallo expands Africa footprint
E&J Gallo Winery is to launch its first wines in South Africa after appointing Namaqua Wines as a distributor in the country.
Gallo will launch selected varietals from the Gallo Family Vineyards range and also its Barefoot range in South Africa in May, the California-based wine giant said on Friday (9 April).
The group has signed a distribution deal with Namaqua, which was formed in 2001 via the merger of Vredendal and Spruitdrift Wineries.
South Africa presents "an excellent opportunity", according to George Marsden, the outgoing vice president and general manager of Gallo's Europe, Middle East and Africa division.
"At E&J Gallo Winery we are firmly focused on continuing to grow our global presence through sustainable and profitable expansion," said Marsden.
The company has high hopes for its Barefoot brand, which it expects to be the best-selling global wine brand within five years.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"