S AFRICA: E&J Gallo Winery enters South African market
Gallo expands Africa footprint
E&J Gallo Winery is to launch its first wines in South Africa after appointing Namaqua Wines as a distributor in the country.
Gallo will launch selected varietals from the Gallo Family Vineyards range and also its Barefoot range in South Africa in May, the California-based wine giant said on Friday (9 April).
The group has signed a distribution deal with Namaqua, which was formed in 2001 via the merger of Vredendal and Spruitdrift Wineries.
South Africa presents "an excellent opportunity", according to George Marsden, the outgoing vice president and general manager of Gallo's Europe, Middle East and Africa division.
"At E&J Gallo Winery we are firmly focused on continuing to grow our global presence through sustainable and profitable expansion," said Marsden.
The company has high hopes for its Barefoot brand, which it expects to be the best-selling global wine brand within five years.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future