UK: E&J Gallo Winery announces sales staff changes
Sales changes at Gallo
E&J Gallo Winery has confirmed a handful of changes in its European sales unit.
The US-based wine giant said today (15 June) that, in the UK, Mark Stammers has been promoted to the role of UK grocery channel controller. Stammers, who replaces Nick Elkin in the post, has worked for Gallo for 12 years, managing accounts including Tesco UK & Ireland, Sainsbury’s and Asda.
Elkin, meanwhile, has moved to fill the newly-created post of regional sales director for Western Europe, responsible for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands.
Charles Yates will become national account manager for the UK on-trade, while Andy White will replace him as national account manager for the country's impulse channel.
Finally, Mark Tinsley, the regional sales director for the UK & Ireland, has expanded his responsibilities to take on accountability for the Middle East and Africa markets.
The changes have come about as Gallo looks to “to build strong, sustainable and mutually profitable partnerships in the European markets”, the firm said.
Back in March, Gallo said that the general manager of its EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) division, George Marsden, will move back to the US this month.
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018