UK: E&J Gallo Winery announces sales staff changes
Sales changes at Gallo
E&J Gallo Winery has confirmed a handful of changes in its European sales unit.
The US-based wine giant said today (15 June) that, in the UK, Mark Stammers has been promoted to the role of UK grocery channel controller. Stammers, who replaces Nick Elkin in the post, has worked for Gallo for 12 years, managing accounts including Tesco UK & Ireland, Sainsbury’s and Asda.
Elkin, meanwhile, has moved to fill the newly-created post of regional sales director for Western Europe, responsible for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands.
Charles Yates will become national account manager for the UK on-trade, while Andy White will replace him as national account manager for the country's impulse channel.
Finally, Mark Tinsley, the regional sales director for the UK & Ireland, has expanded his responsibilities to take on accountability for the Middle East and Africa markets.
The changes have come about as Gallo looks to “to build strong, sustainable and mutually profitable partnerships in the European markets”, the firm said.
Back in March, Gallo said that the general manager of its EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) division, George Marsden, will move back to the US this month.
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018