UK: E&J Gallo unveils Louise Redknapp as face of Summer White
Gallo Family Vineyards has signed-up singer and TV presenter Louise Redknapp to help promote its new low-alcohol wine, Summer White, in the UK.
Redknapp will feature in print advertising campaign in consumer titles such as Hello and OK! magazine to raise the brand's profile, the company said today (13 June). The 5.5% abv Summer White, launched in February, is a blend of French Colombard, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Moscato.
Other promotional activity for the brand includes a TV sponsorship campaign on Channel 5 shows Inside Hollywood and 5* Access, sampling, trade marketing and social media activity, the company said.
Olga Senkina, Gallo's head of marketing EMEA, said: "Louise is a great choice as she will connect well with our target audience and is perfectly placed to build demand for this lighter and fruitier style."
Summer White is being sold at GBP6.99 from UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015