UK: E&J Gallo unveils Louise Redknapp as face of Summer White
Gallo Family Vineyards has signed-up singer and TV presenter Louise Redknapp to help promote its new low-alcohol wine, Summer White, in the UK.
Redknapp will feature in print advertising campaign in consumer titles such as Hello and OK! magazine to raise the brand's profile, the company said today (13 June). The 5.5% abv Summer White, launched in February, is a blend of French Colombard, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Moscato.
Other promotional activity for the brand includes a TV sponsorship campaign on Channel 5 shows Inside Hollywood and 5* Access, sampling, trade marketing and social media activity, the company said.
Olga Senkina, Gallo's head of marketing EMEA, said: "Louise is a great choice as she will connect well with our target audience and is perfectly placed to build demand for this lighter and fruitier style."
Summer White is being sold at GBP6.99 from UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends