UK: E&J Gallo unveils Louise Redknapp as face of Summer White
Gallo Family Vineyards has signed-up singer and TV presenter Louise Redknapp to help promote its new low-alcohol wine, Summer White, in the UK.
Redknapp will feature in print advertising campaign in consumer titles such as Hello and OK! magazine to raise the brand's profile, the company said today (13 June). The 5.5% abv Summer White, launched in February, is a blend of French Colombard, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Moscato.
Other promotional activity for the brand includes a TV sponsorship campaign on Channel 5 shows Inside Hollywood and 5* Access, sampling, trade marketing and social media activity, the company said.
Olga Senkina, Gallo's head of marketing EMEA, said: "Louise is a great choice as she will connect well with our target audience and is perfectly placed to build demand for this lighter and fruitier style."
Summer White is being sold at GBP6.99 from UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report