UK: E&J Gallo unveils Louise Redknapp as face of Summer White
Gallo Family Vineyards has signed-up singer and TV presenter Louise Redknapp to help promote its new low-alcohol wine, Summer White, in the UK.
Redknapp will feature in print advertising campaign in consumer titles such as Hello and OK! magazine to raise the brand's profile, the company said today (13 June). The 5.5% abv Summer White, launched in February, is a blend of French Colombard, Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Moscato.
Other promotional activity for the brand includes a TV sponsorship campaign on Channel 5 shows Inside Hollywood and 5* Access, sampling, trade marketing and social media activity, the company said.
Olga Senkina, Gallo's head of marketing EMEA, said: "Louise is a great choice as she will connect well with our target audience and is perfectly placed to build demand for this lighter and fruitier style."
Summer White is being sold at GBP6.99 from UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and ASDA.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Beam Suntory turns Asda Japanese with Midori push
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends