US: E&J Gallo to buy Courtside Cellar facility
E&J Gallo has upped its presence in Central California over the past few years
E&J Gallo is to buy Courtside Cellars' San Miguel winery to boost its growth in California's Central Coast.
The deal, which is expected to close next week, includes 34 acres of land and a winery able to crush 60,000 tonnes of grapes a year, Gallo said on Friday (10 August). The purchase price has not been disclosed.
Earlier this year, Gallo purchased 300 acres of vineyards in Monterey County and last year bought Edna Valley Vineyard from Diageo.
"We've been expanding our presence in the Central Coast over the past few years and consider the region to be a key part of our premium wine strategy moving forward,” said Roger Nabedian, Gallo's Premium Wine Division senior VP & general manager.
“We are excited to have this highly capable winery to support our Bridlewood and Edna Valley Vineyards businesses."
Courtside Cellars said it will keep its San Luis Obispo facility in Edna Valley, where it will focus on its Tolosa Winery brand.
The international scope of the Scotch whisky sector and its strong growth in emerging markets has allowed the market to continue growing in spite of the global downturn. However, as a new just-drinks/...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review