UK: E&J Gallo rolls out New Amsterdam Vodka to UK
The brand first launched in the US in 2011
E&J Gallo has launched its New Amsterdam Vodka brand in the UK.
The “premium” vodka, which launched in the US in 2011, went on sale in the UK impulse sector late last month. The product is being sold at an RRP of GBP15.99 (US$26.25) for a 70cl bottle and GBP5.49 for a 20cl bottle.
The UK launch is being supported by a “heavy” marketing investment, partly through the use of four “spirits ambassadors”, the company said. A spokesperson declined to give a specific figure on the spend.
In the US, the brand sold a million cases in its first year and Gallo says it hopes the product will be a “top five” vodka in the US by the end of this year.
Bill Roberts, E&J Gallo's Europe, Middle East, Asia general manager, said: “New Amsterdam Vodka has already achieved astounding success in the US and we’re looking forward to the reception it will get here in the UK.”
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
E&J Gallo is giving a push to its Moscato range in the UK with the launch of a new multi-media marketing campaign....
E&J Gallo has acquired fellow Californian winery Ledgewood Creek for an undisclosed sum....
Jackson Family Wines has appointed a former E&J Gallo marketing VP to oversee its estate wineries. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends