UK: E&J Gallo readies mid-size E&J Brandy for UK
Click through to view E&J Brandy 35cl
The UK arm of E&J Gallo Winery has rolled out an additional size variant for its E&J Brandy in the country.
The brand will benefit from the rollout of a 35cl bottle offering in the UK, available exclusively in the convenience channel, the division confirmed earlier today (19 August). E&J Brandy, which is owned by E&J Distillers, is currently available in 70cl and 20cl sizes in the country.
With an RRP of GBP8.99 (US$14.86), the 35cl variant is available from this month in UK wholesalers, and will be the subject of an above-the-line trade advertising campaign supported by PR.
“Small format brandy is enjoying double-digit growth driven by changing consumer attitudes,” said E&J Gallo's VP and GM for EMEA, Bill Roberts. “We are responding to this trend quickly to give them every reason to buy E&J Brandy. The quality, provenance and value boxes were already ticked – now format is too.”
Launched in 1975, E&J Brandy is the best-selling premium Brandy in the world, according to the company.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
MillerCoors has acquired Crispin Cider Co in the US, signalling growing interest in the category amid shrinking sales of mainstream beer....
Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo Winery have said that they will reimburse consumers potentially caught out by 'fake' Pinot Noir wine sourced from France....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1