US: E&J Gallo, Mars in Valentine's Day promotion
Mars Snackfood US is partnering its Dove chocolate brand with E&J Gallo Winery to offer a Valentine's Day promotion.
Consumers will receive a discount when buying Dove chocolate and Gallo wines together, the companies announced yesterday (9 February).
Gallo wines featured in the programme include Dancing Bull Zinfandel, Mirassou Pinot Noir, Red Bicyclette Syrah, McWilliams Hanwood Estate Shiraz and Gallo Family Vineyards Sonoma Reserve Cabernet.
"More consumers are entertaining at home rather than expensive restaurants, and they're experimenting with flavourful wine pairings," said Margaret Asselin Woods, director of marketing for Dove.
The promotion will vary by state to comply with alcohol regulations. Offers include a US$2 or $3 mail-in rebate for the purchase of Dove chocolate and Gallo wine, a $2 coupon for the purchase of Dove chocolate and Gallo wine, and a $1 coupon for the purchase of Dove chocolate.
Price rises on drinks are not the solution to preventing excess drinking by teenagers and young people in the UK, argues just-drinks' student journalist Becky Pile....
Sweden assumed the Presidency of the EU at the beginning of this month. With the country's history of control and high taxation of alcohol, the industry is expecting a tough six months. However, Ben C...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Kirin Holdings has raised its full-year net earnings guidance by 5%, despite an 82% slide in profits in the first half of 2009....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has warned that vodka volumes in its key market of Russia are not expected to pick up until the final quarter of this year....
An advert that appeared in a circular for an alcohol delivery service has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) today (5 August) following a complaint that it was "offensive"....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has posted a marked increase in second quarter net profits, thanks to the inclusion of the performance of The Russian Alcohol Group (RAG)....
The European Commission has introduced the final stage of its plan to make Europe's wine sector more competitive, but has again warned that member states are failing to take advantage of funds availab...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review