E&J Gallo makes Napa Valley vineyard acquisitions
E&J Gallo Winery is the world's largest vineyard owner
E&J Gallo Winery has added to its vineyard footprint in California through the purchase of Cypress Ranch and part of Palisades Vineyard in Napa Valley.
The privately-owned company, which snapped up Sonoma County's J Vineyards & Winery in March, announced the Napa acquisitions earlier today. Financial details were not disclosed.
Of the combined 642 acres, around 258 of them are given over to vines. The property, which is given over to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel and Malbec, is located next to Gallo's Sun Lake Vineyard in Napa Valley.
"The purchase of Cypress Ranch and Palisades Vineyard continues Gallo's commitment to having vineyards in the premier winegrowing appellations in California," said Roger Nabedian, senior VP & GM of Gallo's premium wine division. "These two vineyards are a great addition to our portfolio and are key to our growth of luxury wines."
Gallo is the world's largest vineyard owner.
E&J Gallo, the world’s largest vintner, is working to develop a presence in spirits, most notably through the dynamic expansion of New Amsterdam vodka....
UK drinks supplier Kingsland has created a new wine-based ready-to-drink brand. Mr Gladstone's Curious Emporium comes in two flavours - Pear Drop and Rhubarb & Custard....
E&J Gallo has announced the national launch of its Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in cans after trials last September. ...
E&J Gallo has added a new flavour extension to its Viniq "shimmery" vodka and Moscato blended liqueur. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK