US: E&J Gallo buys Snows Lake Vineyard
E&J Gallo has bought more vineyards in California
E&J Gallo has bought Snows Lake Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
The Californian wine maker purchased the 2,000-acre Lake County vineyard, with 800 acres planted, in a deal confirmed earlier this week. It continues Gallo’s commitment to having vineyards in the premier wine-growing appellations in California, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Snows Lake grapes are used in wines including Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Cakebread Cellars, Rosenblum Cellars, La Famiglia and Dynamite Vineyards, according to the company's website.
“Gallo looks forward to working with the customers who have been buying grapes from Snows Lake Vineyard,” the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gallo bought Courtside Cellars' California Central Coast winery.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets