US: E&J Gallo buys Snows Lake Vineyard
E&J Gallo has bought more vineyards in California
E&J Gallo has bought Snows Lake Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
The Californian wine maker purchased the 2,000-acre Lake County vineyard, with 800 acres planted, in a deal confirmed earlier this week. It continues Gallo’s commitment to having vineyards in the premier wine-growing appellations in California, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Snows Lake grapes are used in wines including Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Cakebread Cellars, Rosenblum Cellars, La Famiglia and Dynamite Vineyards, according to the company's website.
“Gallo looks forward to working with the customers who have been buying grapes from Snows Lake Vineyard,” the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gallo bought Courtside Cellars' California Central Coast winery.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts