US: E&J Gallo buys Snows Lake Vineyard
E&J Gallo has bought more vineyards in California
E&J Gallo has bought Snows Lake Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
The Californian wine maker purchased the 2,000-acre Lake County vineyard, with 800 acres planted, in a deal confirmed earlier this week. It continues Gallo’s commitment to having vineyards in the premier wine-growing appellations in California, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Snows Lake grapes are used in wines including Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Cakebread Cellars, Rosenblum Cellars, La Famiglia and Dynamite Vineyards, according to the company's website.
“Gallo looks forward to working with the customers who have been buying grapes from Snows Lake Vineyard,” the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gallo bought Courtside Cellars' California Central Coast winery.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research