US: E&J Gallo buys Snows Lake Vineyard
E&J Gallo has bought more vineyards in California
E&J Gallo has bought Snows Lake Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
The Californian wine maker purchased the 2,000-acre Lake County vineyard, with 800 acres planted, in a deal confirmed earlier this week. It continues Gallo’s commitment to having vineyards in the premier wine-growing appellations in California, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Snows Lake grapes are used in wines including Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Cakebread Cellars, Rosenblum Cellars, La Famiglia and Dynamite Vineyards, according to the company's website.
“Gallo looks forward to working with the customers who have been buying grapes from Snows Lake Vineyard,” the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gallo bought Courtside Cellars' California Central Coast winery.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research