US: E&J Gallo buys Snows Lake Vineyard
E&J Gallo has bought more vineyards in California
E&J Gallo has bought Snows Lake Vineyard for an undisclosed fee.
The Californian wine maker purchased the 2,000-acre Lake County vineyard, with 800 acres planted, in a deal confirmed earlier this week. It continues Gallo’s commitment to having vineyards in the premier wine-growing appellations in California, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Snows Lake grapes are used in wines including Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Cakebread Cellars, Rosenblum Cellars, La Famiglia and Dynamite Vineyards, according to the company's website.
“Gallo looks forward to working with the customers who have been buying grapes from Snows Lake Vineyard,” the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gallo bought Courtside Cellars' California Central Coast winery.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018