US: E&J Gallo buys Shakers Vodka trademark
Gallo now has the Shakers Vodka trademark, according to records
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
Shakers' previous owners, Infinite Spirits, filed for bankruptcy in January this year, according to reports. But, the California-based wine company has moved to re-ignite the brand.
Gerard Thoukis, Gallo's senior spirits marketing director, said: “Following a thorough review of potential opportunities, we are pleased to announce that E&J Gallo Winery has acquired the rights to Shakers Vodka.
"We look forward to enhancing the legacy of the Shakers brand in producing award-winning vodkas."
The rye version of the vodka won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a wheat variant is also available. The website for the brand, launched in 2003, remains shut down. Its Twitter feed was last updated in January 2011.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head