US: E&J Gallo buys Shakers Vodka trademark
Gallo now has the Shakers Vodka trademark, according to records
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
Shakers' previous owners, Infinite Spirits, filed for bankruptcy in January this year, according to reports. But, the California-based wine company has moved to re-ignite the brand.
Gerard Thoukis, Gallo's senior spirits marketing director, said: “Following a thorough review of potential opportunities, we are pleased to announce that E&J Gallo Winery has acquired the rights to Shakers Vodka.
"We look forward to enhancing the legacy of the Shakers brand in producing award-winning vodkas."
The rye version of the vodka won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a wheat variant is also available. The website for the brand, launched in 2003, remains shut down. Its Twitter feed was last updated in January 2011.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends