US: E&J Gallo buys Shakers Vodka trademark
Gallo now has the Shakers Vodka trademark, according to records
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
Shakers' previous owners, Infinite Spirits, filed for bankruptcy in January this year, according to reports. But, the California-based wine company has moved to re-ignite the brand.
Gerard Thoukis, Gallo's senior spirits marketing director, said: “Following a thorough review of potential opportunities, we are pleased to announce that E&J Gallo Winery has acquired the rights to Shakers Vodka.
"We look forward to enhancing the legacy of the Shakers brand in producing award-winning vodkas."
The rye version of the vodka won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a wheat variant is also available. The website for the brand, launched in 2003, remains shut down. Its Twitter feed was last updated in January 2011.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets