US: E&J Gallo buys Shakers Vodka trademark
Gallo now has the Shakers Vodka trademark, according to records
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
Shakers' previous owners, Infinite Spirits, filed for bankruptcy in January this year, according to reports. But, the California-based wine company has moved to re-ignite the brand.
Gerard Thoukis, Gallo's senior spirits marketing director, said: “Following a thorough review of potential opportunities, we are pleased to announce that E&J Gallo Winery has acquired the rights to Shakers Vodka.
"We look forward to enhancing the legacy of the Shakers brand in producing award-winning vodkas."
The rye version of the vodka won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a wheat variant is also available. The website for the brand, launched in 2003, remains shut down. Its Twitter feed was last updated in January 2011.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research