US: E&J Gallo buys Shakers Vodka trademark
Gallo now has the Shakers Vodka trademark, according to records
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
Shakers' previous owners, Infinite Spirits, filed for bankruptcy in January this year, according to reports. But, the California-based wine company has moved to re-ignite the brand.
Gerard Thoukis, Gallo's senior spirits marketing director, said: “Following a thorough review of potential opportunities, we are pleased to announce that E&J Gallo Winery has acquired the rights to Shakers Vodka.
"We look forward to enhancing the legacy of the Shakers brand in producing award-winning vodkas."
The rye version of the vodka won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and a wheat variant is also available. The website for the brand, launched in 2003, remains shut down. Its Twitter feed was last updated in January 2011.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research