UK: E&J Gallo appoints EMEA head
E&J Gallo Winery has appointed a new head for its business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Gallo has appointed Bill Roberts, currently in charge of group sales in the south-east of the US, as vice president and general manager of the EMEA division.
The current head of the division, George Marsden, announced at a press briefing yesterday (9 March) that he is to return to the US.
A spokesperson for Gallo in the UK said that Marsden will work out of Gallo's US office, although his exact role has yet to be disclosed.
Roberts will relocate to EMEA division headquarters, just outside London, in June. He has held multiple sales and leadership roles within Gallo during his 23-year career in the drinks sector.
He joins the EMEA division as Gallo faces a tough transitional period in its biggest export market, the UK.
At the same time, Roberts will be tasked with capitalising on promising wine sales growth in Africa and Eastern Europe.
Gallo is particularly keen to build on its foothold in Poland, where the company has a 10% value share of the emerging wine market via its Carlo Rossi brand. Wine sales by volume make up less than 2% of Poland's alcoholic drinks market.
Gallo has also recently launched Carlo Rossi in Russia.
To read the just-drinks interview with George Marsden from last year, click here.
United Wineries has confirmed a change of commercial director for its UK team....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research