USA: eFruit International Announces Entry Into Fruit Procurement with Acquisition of CitrusTrader.com
FruitProcurement is a natural extension to the online marketplaces eFruit already offers the fresh produce industry. JuiceMarketplace, eFruit's first online venture, is devoted to buyers and sellers of fruit juices. FreshMarketplace, eFruit's second online venture, is a marketplace for buyers and sellers of fresh fruit and vegetables. FruitProcurement will offer juice processing plants and fresh fruit packers a means of purchasing fruit online. All three marketplaces are found online at www.efruitinternational.com.
"During the last year and a half, the need to provide web-based services to the entire agricultural supply chain has become very apparent," eFruit President Gordon Hunt said. "We are creating FruitProcurement in direct response to requests we've received from key players in the agricultural industry."
eFruit International will leverage the experience of Jeff Cusson, formerly CitrusTrader.com's President, by naming him as the first member of FruitProcurement's advisory board. In addition, eFruit has signed a letter of intent with ProPak Software, a leading software provider for the fresh fruit industry, to assist in creating the FruitProcurement marketplace.
"We created CitrusTrader.com from a grower's perspective," Cusson said. "I'm excited that eFruit has the technical expertise to implement our original vision, and am looking forward to guiding them in creating the FruitProcurement marketplace."
About eFruit International
eFruit International specializes in creating and operating online marketplaces for buyers and sellers of agricultural commodities. The
FreshMarketplace, an electronic marketplace for fresh fruit and vegetables, and the JuiceMarketplace, a marketplace for fruit juice, are both found at www.efruitinternational.com and allow buyers and sellers to trade online, using a secure Internet site available only to subscribers. eFruit members can also book logistics services without leaving eFruit's online environment, track and print reports on product traded through eFruit's website, and read industry news and information supplied by The Food Institute. For more information on eFruit, visit www.efruitinternational.com or call (407) 352-8081.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends