USA: eFruit International Announces Entry Into Fruit Procurement with Acquisition of CitrusTrader.com
FruitProcurement is a natural extension to the online marketplaces eFruit already offers the fresh produce industry. JuiceMarketplace, eFruit's first online venture, is devoted to buyers and sellers of fruit juices. FreshMarketplace, eFruit's second online venture, is a marketplace for buyers and sellers of fresh fruit and vegetables. FruitProcurement will offer juice processing plants and fresh fruit packers a means of purchasing fruit online. All three marketplaces are found online at www.efruitinternational.com.
"During the last year and a half, the need to provide web-based services to the entire agricultural supply chain has become very apparent," eFruit President Gordon Hunt said. "We are creating FruitProcurement in direct response to requests we've received from key players in the agricultural industry."
eFruit International will leverage the experience of Jeff Cusson, formerly CitrusTrader.com's President, by naming him as the first member of FruitProcurement's advisory board. In addition, eFruit has signed a letter of intent with ProPak Software, a leading software provider for the fresh fruit industry, to assist in creating the FruitProcurement marketplace.
"We created CitrusTrader.com from a grower's perspective," Cusson said. "I'm excited that eFruit has the technical expertise to implement our original vision, and am looking forward to guiding them in creating the FruitProcurement marketplace."
About eFruit International
eFruit International specializes in creating and operating online marketplaces for buyers and sellers of agricultural commodities. The
FreshMarketplace, an electronic marketplace for fresh fruit and vegetables, and the JuiceMarketplace, a marketplace for fruit juice, are both found at www.efruitinternational.com and allow buyers and sellers to trade online, using a secure Internet site available only to subscribers. eFruit members can also book logistics services without leaving eFruit's online environment, track and print reports on product traded through eFruit's website, and read industry news and information supplied by The Food Institute. For more information on eFruit, visit www.efruitinternational.com or call (407) 352-8081.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review