INDIA: Effect to take on Red Bull in India
Indian distribution company SMD International is launching German energy drink Effect in its local market.
The Indian energy drink market is still in its infancy, with sales of around 15,000 cases last year but the market is expected to grow to around 25,000 cases in 2006. Like most other energy drinks markets, Red Bull is the market leader in the country.
Effect's owner, MBG International Premium Brands, plans to eventually manufacture the drink in India, using the country as a base for the Asia-Pacific market. The German manufacturer equated the market to its home market of Germany and Europe, with CEO Andreas W. Herb saying, "We will be focusing on our core markets - Germany, the US, Eastern Europe and India."
As in most markets, Red Bull leads the burgeoning energy drinks category in both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But growth in the sector has attracted a number of other players. Lubomir Sedlak repor...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Austrian energy drinks group Red Bull saw revenues leap almost 29% in 2005, buoyed by "outstanding development" in four key regions, including the US....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World