RUSSIA: Efes strikes distribution deal with Holland's Bavaria
Efes Breweries International is to become the Russian distributor for the Netherlands' number two brewer Bavaria.
The two companies today (27 April) announced a deal that will see EBI brew and distribute Bavaria's flagship brands in Russia. Bavaria Premium and the non-alcoholic Bavaria Malt will be brewed under license by Moscow Efes Brewery, EBI's main site in Russia.
EBI chief executive Ahmet Boyacioglu said: "We continue to expand our product portfolio in line with our strategy to further solidify our competitive positions in our operating territories. Introducing Bavaria Premium to the dynamically growing Russian beer market will enable us to offer a wider and stronger international brand portfolio."
The move comes three months after EBI boosted its brewing capacity in Russia with the acquisition of Krasny Vostok. The acquisition propelled EBI's market share in Russia to over 10%, cementing its position as the fourth-largest brewer in Russia.
Frank Swinkels Jr, a board member at Bavaria, added: "Bavaria has very ambitious plans for Russia. We know for sure that we will fulfil these plans together with EBI in Russia, having witnessed the growth and development of EBI's business in the last 5 years."
Bavaria Premium holds a 3.6% share of the fast-growing premium segment in Russia and joins EBI's local portfolio, which includes Stary Melnik and Sokol as well as licensing agreements for Efes Pilsener, Zlatopramen and Warsteiner.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
One of the largest shareholders in the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, has said in a letter to the Colombian securities regulatory authority that no formal offer to acquire or merge the company has been re...
Stock regulators in Colombia have approached the main shareholder in Empresarial Bavaria about recent acquisition rumours, according to press reports....
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports....
Brewers SABMiller and Heineken are thought to be close to making another proposal to acquire the Latin American business Bavaria....
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks....
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is....
The consolidation of the global brewing industry is set to continue, according to SABMiller....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research