UK/HOLLAND: Efes lines up new chief executive
The board of Efes Breweries International is looking to propose the appointment of former Coca-Cola executive Alejandro Jimenez to the position of CEO.
Ahmet Boyacioglu, EBI's current CEO and the chairman, is set to retire on 1 February 2007.
The company said yesterday (9 January) that the date for an extraordinary general meeting on the matter would be announced separately.
Jimenez began his career in 1973 at The Coca-Cola Co., eventually becoming vice president and director of marketing operations in Latin America, before being appointed president, COO and member of the board of directors at Coke bottling company Panamco in 1994.
He has acted as a management consultant for consumer goods companies in Mexico since 2001.
EBI, which is based in Holland but has operations throughout Russia and former Soviet states, saw volumes rise 14% during the first half of last year to 4.7m hectolitres.
EBI, the fourth largest brewer in Russia, owns a stable of beer brands including Stary Melnik and Beliy Medved. It also produces brands including Warsteiner and Zlatopramen.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation that it may be interested in acquiring Cadbury Schweppes's Snapple iced tea....
Coca-Cola chairman and CEO Neville Isdell has said he is not expecting a recession in the US. The soft drink boss was speaking at the World Economic Forum in Singapore....
The Coca-Cola Co. plans to put its sports drink brand and enhanced water brands under the same management....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research