RUSSIA: Efes confirms consolidation of Krasny Vostok stake
Efes Breweries International has unveiled plans to consolidate its stake in its Russian subsidiary.
The company, the international brewing arm of Anadolu Efes, said yesterday (20 November) that its Dutch-based holding company will partially finance the consolidation of Krasny Vostok Brewing Group into Moscow Efes Brewery - for about US$368m - using "proceeds of the planned Ruble Bond issue, whereby the balance is planned to be financed through a capital increase at MEB level".
The company said that the sale is subject to necessary corporate and regulatory approvals.
The funding transactions to effect this restructuring will not increase the overall net indebtedness of EBI, the company added.
Efes is the fourth largest brewer in Russia, with a market share of just over 10%. The company has three breweries in Russia with annual production capacity of 7.7m hectolitres, and a Russian portfolio which includes Stary Melnik and Sokol as well as licensing agreements for Efes Pilsener, Zlatopramen and Warsteiner.
Efes Breweries International (EBI) today announced strong full year profit growth as the company benefited from advances in sales revenues and volumes and offset rising pressure from costs....
Efes Breweries International has completed the acquisition of the Georgian drinks group Lomisi....
Efes Beverage Group has acquired the Asian drinks group Lomisi....
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select