RUSSIA: Efes Breweries International to up operations with US$43m loan
EBI is a subsidiary of Anadolu Efes
Efes Breweries International (EBI), a subsidiary of Anadolu Efes, has secured a US$43m loan to boost its operations.
The loan, from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, follows EBI's purchase of the bank's 8.73% stake in EBI's Russian unit, Moscow Efes Brewery. The two sides agreed to convert the value of the shares into a seven-year loan with a value of US$43m.
“The new loan will allow the funds that would otherwise be paid to the bank, to be used to provide capex and working capital to the local subsidiaries of EBI, which are located not just in the more advanced markets of Russia and Kazakhstan, but also in early transition countries such as Georgia and Moldova,” a spokesperson for the bank said.
EBI now owns 99.73% of Moscow Efes Brewery, the bank said.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review