TURKEY: Efes Breweries International sees volumes up in '07
Efes Breweries International has posted a healthy lift in sales volumes for last year.
The company, which is the international brewing arm of Anadlou Efes, said late last week that volumes in 2007 rose by 13.8% on 2006, hitting 13.3m hectolitres. In the final three months of last year, volumes were up by 13.3% year-on-year.
EBI noted that, including sales from the Krasny Vostok Brewing Group, which EBI acquired in February 2006, for the first two months of 2006, and excluding sales from Interbrew Efes Brewery, EBI's 50% Romanian subsidiary which it exited in August 2006, like-for-like sales were up by 17%.
In Russia, where EBI is the fourth largest brewer, sales leapt by 20.1% to 10.4m hectolitres. "The strong market growth in Russia was assisted by the favourable weather conditions and the continuing positive shift towards beer primarily in less saturated regional markets," the company said. Market share in the country was up slightly last year, to 8.7% from 8.5%.
Whilst sales in Kazakhstan and Moldova were up in the year, volumes in Serbia slid by 5.1% to 0.5m hectolitres, reflecting "our strategic decision to focus on balanced volume and profitabilty", EBI said.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
InBev's announcement late yesterday (11 June) that it has made an offer to acquire Anheuser-Busch comes as little surprise. Speculation of a tie-up between the brewers has surfaced over the last 18 mo...
Efes Breweries International has reported a lift in sales volumes for the first half of this year....
Efes Breweries International has secured a US$40m loan for its operations in Kazakhstan....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report