TURKEY: Efes Breweries acquires Lomisi
Efes Beverage Group (EBG) has acquired the Asian drinks group Lomisi.
Efes Breweries International, the Netherlands-based unit of Turkey's EBG said on Friday (8 February) that the acquisition of Lomisi, which is located in Georgia, will enhance both the value and the profit of its business.
EBI CEO Alejandro Jimenez said that the company plans to capitalise on the experience it has gained in other operating markets and use this to expand the company's presence in the country.
Last year, Lomisi's beer market share was estimated at 42% by volume in Georgia. The company also has soft drinks operations, which will be included as part of the sale.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
No-one was available to provide further details at Efes when contacted by just-drinks today.
Efes Breweries International has reported a lift in sales volumes for the first half of this year....
Efes Breweries International has secured a US$40m loan for its operations in Kazakhstan....
Efes Breweries International recorded a net loss of US$14.5m in its first quarter as a result of higher financial expenses due to increased average indebtedness, the company reported on Friday (30 May...
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban