USA: efdex CEO Ellen Marram to Leave to Pursue Other Opportunities
After a period of discussion, this decision was mutually agreed upon between efdex's Board of Directors and Ms. Marram.
"Over the last few months, there has been a strong validation of many aspects of efdex's space and we are seeing the efficiencies that can result when these transactions are put online. We have made real strides in terms of identifying how to best make this global proposition work," Ms. Marram said. "I believe it is now time for me to move on. Building on this experience at efdex and my 30 years in the food and beverage industry, I look forward to exploring new opportunities."
"We thank Ellen for her hard work and wish her the very best," stated Tim Carron-Brown, efdex's chairman. "efdex is poised to be the leader in the online food and drink industry. The company has several large announcements pending, including the naming of a new CEO. We are looking ahead to an exciting year of growth."
efdex, founded in 1995 and headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, is the first global "super-mediary" for buyers and sellers in the food and drink industry. Its European operations are run out of its London hub, while its Asian operations are controlled from Singapore. efdex has pioneered this field with its strong industry experience and four years of developing its proprietary databases, indexes, and transactional systems which cannot be easily replicated. efdex utilizes a global software platform with fully integrated transactional systems that was built by IBM. The efdex system will be introduced to buyer markets on a country-by-country basis, but globally to sellers from the outset. The first buyer markets coming on to the system will be in Western Europe and North America, along with all the vendors around the globe who sell to these territories. efdex can be found online at www.efdex.com and by calling (203) 964-0200.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research