Edward Snell & Co’s Oude Molen XO Cape Brandy - Product Launch
Edward Snell & Co’s Oude Molen XO Cape Brandy
Edward Snell & Co's Oude Molen XO Cape Brandy
Category - Spirits, brandy, 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - South Africa, China and the Netherlands, off-trade
Price - SRP of ZAR800 (US$53.30) per 75cl bottle
Edward Snell & Co has lined up the launch of an XO expression of its Oude Molen South African brandy. Unveiled this week, the iteration will roll out to three markets by the end of next month.
The liquid comprises brandies produced using Colombard, Chenin Blanc and Ugni Blanc grapes that have been matured in oak barrels for between ten and 16 years old.
"All XO grade Cape Brandy must be matured in oak barrels for at least ten years," said Oude Molen MD Andre Simonis. "The brandy used in the Oude Molen XO is between ten and 16 years old, making it an exceptional example of the XO grading. The French Cognac equivalent for XO is six years minimum, which puts our XO at the top of the grading for a Cognac-style brandy."
Based in Cape Town, Edward Snell will also handle the expression's distribution. In 2013, the company replaced Diageo and Heineken's then-South African joint venture as the distributor of the Jose Cuervo Tequila portfolio across the Southern African region. Diageo called time on the joint venture last year.
The Future of the Spirits Market in South Africa to 2019
Canadean's report, "The Future of the Spirits Market in South Africa to 2019" provides detailed market and segment level data on the consumption of Spirits in South Africa....read more
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign