Product Launch - GLOBAL: Edrington's Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition
Click through to view Edrington's Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended, 50% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, Europe, plus 14 other markets globally from early next year
Price - In US, RRP of US$29 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Edrington
Edrington has lined up a Prohibition-themed expression of its Cutty Sark blended malt Scotch whisky brand. Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition has been launched to mark the 80th anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition in the US on 5 December, and comprises whiskies from The Macallan, Glenrothes and Highland Park.
The iteration will be available in 5cl, 70cl, 75cl and 1-litre size formats.
Earlier this year, Edrington posted a 1.6% rise in sales for the 12 months to the end of March, to $698.5m. Net losses in the year came in at GBP90.4m after a GBP65.4m profit in the corresponding period a year earlier.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
The Presidents' Forum of the Distilled Spirits Industry has elected a new chairman and gained two new members. ...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends