UK: Edrington unveils Highland Park push
Edrington said yesterday (4 September) that it will spend GBP18m (US$34m) over five years in a bid to make Highland Park one of the world's top ten malt whiskies.
Jason Craig, global controller, Highland Park said: "Our plans are ambitious, but we are in a strong position to maximise the full potential of the brand for the first time.
"As well as the UK, we have already established strong footholds in several key markets worldwide, such as the US, Scandinavia and global travel retail. We believe there is great scope to develop these markets even further."
The company said the campaign will centre around its 18-year-old expression. Edrington will also unveil new packaging for the brand next week following a GBP750,000 makeover.
Sales of Highland Park, the company added, were growing four times faster than the rest of an already buoyant single malt category.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Maxxium UK has appointed a new brand ambassador for Rémy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac....
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
Rémy Cointreau has posted its figures for the first nine months of its financial year....
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
Rémy Cointreau's departure from Maxxium will cost the French drinks group around EUR240m (US$318m), the company said today (12 December)....
French spirits and Champagne group Rémy Cointreau is quitting the Maxxium distribution network....
The announcement that Rémy Cointreau has today (23 November) served notice on its position in global distribution network Maxxium Worldwide is a little puzzling. If we take the announcement at face va...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future