UK: Edrington toasts Fine Oak sales leap
The Edrington Group is toasting a strong leap in sales of its Fine Oak Scotch whisky range.
The drinks company said yesterday (1 July) that sales of the range were up 14% in the year to April, with Fine Oak accounting for one in five of all sales of The Macallan Scotch, since it was launched in August 2004. The Fine Oak range has been credited with lifting The Macallan from sixth to third position in the world's top 10 single malts ranking, the group said.
"Sales of The Macallan Fine Oak have soared since its launch and in just a few years the range has had a significant impact on the global whisky market," said Ken Grier, director of malts at The Edrington Group. "We committed a significant six-figure investment in researching and developing Fine Oak, which was delivered in response to consumer demand for more delicate and accessible single malts - demand which is clearly thriving."
The Macallan Fine Oak range consists of nine age expressions, from eight-years old to 30-years old.
Earlier this year, the group added Callum Barton to its board of directors. Barton, the former president and CEO of Richemont North America, joined the company in April in the capacity of a non-executive director.
Remy Cointreau has appointed a new vice president of marketing for its US distribution subsidiary....
Orkney Scotch whisky distillery Highland Park has launched a 21-year-old variant for the travel retail market....
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research