GLOBAL: Edrington to revamp Brugal Extra Viejo with flavour change
Click through to view the new Brugal XV bottle
Edrington is to change the aging process of its Brugal Extra Viejo to differentiate it from the rest of the Caribbean rum's portfolio.
The renamed Brugal XV will be aged in a mix of white American oak and red European oak casks, Edrington's UK distribitor, Maxxium, said today (26 June). The change comes after consumer research showed the original liquid was similar to other rums in the Brugal line-up, a Maxxium spokesperson told just-drinks.
Brugal XV will reach UK shelves in September and also roll out in other Brugal markets, the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the rum range is to have a packaging redesign to reinforce its position as a “premium” spirit, Maxxium said. The global overhaul will include core brands Brugal Anejo, Brugal Especial Extra Dry, Brugal XV and Brugal 1888 brands and aims to replicate in other markets the rum's success in Spain, where it sells 1m cases a year, Maxxium said.
Global market review of rum – forecasts to 2017
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...read more
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Ireland beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018