Edrington to cut "small number" of jobs in HQ switch
Edrington has been at its Perth HQ for 20 years
Edrington is to cut jobs in Scotland as it moves its headquarters to a new site in central Glasgow.
A spokesperson for The Macallan owner told just-drinks today a "small number" of roles will go at its current headquarters, which is split between Perth and the west-end of Glasgow. In Perth, the company is aiming to relocate most of its employees to Glasgow and is consulting on 13 redundancies, the spokesperson added.
Edrington will move to its new HQ next year, however a location has yet to be decided. The company is looking at a number of different sites in central Glasgow, the spokesperson said.
The switch will bring together Edrington's executive board and other HQ functions, which are currently split between offices in Great Western Road in Glasgow and West Kinfauns in Perth.
"Bringing together our essential HQ functions in a new central Glasgow location will help us to continue to compete successfully in a tough global market and to capitalise on what we see as positive long-term prospects for the industry," Edrington CEO Ian Curle said.
Edrington has been in Perth for 20 years and in the Great Western Road office for 50 years. There will be no impact on any of the company's other six sites across the country, it said.
The company has made a number of expansion moves in the past year. Last month, it bought out its Middle East joint venture from partner FIX Wines & Spirits.
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wines & Spirits (SWEDEN) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wines & Spirits (SWEDEN) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 130 companies...
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
Edrington is honouring a retired cooper with a limited edition iteration of its Glenturret Scotch whisky brand....
Edrington has released a 1991 vintage The Macallan as part of its Fine & Rare collection of malts. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research