Edrington teams up with WEBB for Americas Travel Retail JV
Edrington has taken over distribution of its brands in a number of markets
Edrington has launched a new joint venture to handle distribution in Americas Travel Retail.
The JV, with existing Caribbean Travel Retail distributor World Equity Brand Builders (WEBB), will start on 16 January. It replaces Edrington's partnership with Remy Cointreau, due to run out next Thursday (15 January).
Juan Gentile, Edrington’s area director for the Americas, said: "The creation of Edrington WEBB will expand our reach and bring us closer to customers and consumers in this valuable and dynamic market. Edrington and WEBB have worked together in the Caribbean since 2010 and I am delighted at this opportunity to extend such a successful relationship.”
In October, Edrington launched an in-house global Travel Retail unit as it continued to up control over its spirits brands. It has also taken control of US distribution of its brands, which include The Macallan and Famous Grouse, and created similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa.
Remy Cointreau has unveiled a EUR300 (US$330) plinth for its limited-edition AEN Metaxa....
The CEO of Remy Cointreau has said the next generation of drinkers will help boost growth in China. ...
Remy Cointreau has posted a lift in sales and profits for the first half of its financial year despite continued challenges in China....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign