ASIA: Edrington lines up Vietnam, Taiwan launch for Snow Leopard
Edrington's Snow Leopard launched in Singapore last week
Edrington is to launch Snow Leopard in Vietnam and Taiwan as it continues to expand the vodka brand's Asian footprint.
The move, confirmed to just-drinks today, follows the Polish vodka's rollout in Singapore last week and in South Korea in June. "There is a strong emerging market for premium white spirits in south east Asia", a spokesperson for Edrington said.
The super premium vodka category in the region last year grew by 7%, the spokesperson added, citing IWSR figures. Snow Leopard is being made available in selected bars and premium retailers in Singapore for SGD118 (US$94) a bottle, according to Edrington.
The company supports conservation efforts with snow leopards and gives 15% of Snow Leopard's profits to protect the endangered animals. A charity event for the Singapore launch donated all proceeds to the Snow Leopard Trust.
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Spirits in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
The one-litre size of Diageo's Smirnoff vodka has topped a list of the UK's top-selling brands, with the 70cl bottle coming third, according to new figures....
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future