US: Edrington launches US unit, signs distribution deals
Edrington owns The Macallan Scotch brand
Edrington has officially launched its in-house US distribution unit as it targets growth in the world's biggest spirits market.
Edrington Americas, which was confirmed today (1 May), completes The Macallan and Brugal owner's switch to wholly-owned distribution teams in all its global markets. It follows the creation of similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa last year.
Paul Ross, president & CEO for Edrington Americas, said the unit, “means that we are well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities for our portfolio”.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Edrington CEO Ian Curle discussed the setting up of the unit, saying, “It's a big step - we're right in the middle of it - but it feels really positive.”
just-drinks revealed last year that Edrington was to take US distribution in-house when previous distributor Rémy Cointreau highlighted the change.
UK-based Edrington also said today it has signed long-term agreements with distribution groups across the US, including Charmer Sunbelt Group, Martignetti Co's, Republic National Distributing Co, Wirtz Beverage Group and Youngs Market Co.
The agreements “establish Edrington’s route to US consumers across North America”, the company said.
Canadean's "The Charmer Sunbelt Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
Spirits in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018