US: Edrington launches US unit, signs distribution deals
Edrington owns The Macallan Scotch brand
Edrington has officially launched its in-house US distribution unit as it targets growth in the world's biggest spirits market.
Edrington Americas, which was confirmed today (1 May), completes The Macallan and Brugal owner's switch to wholly-owned distribution teams in all its global markets. It follows the creation of similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa last year.
Paul Ross, president & CEO for Edrington Americas, said the unit, “means that we are well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities for our portfolio”.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Edrington CEO Ian Curle discussed the setting up of the unit, saying, “It's a big step - we're right in the middle of it - but it feels really positive.”
just-drinks revealed last year that Edrington was to take US distribution in-house when previous distributor Rémy Cointreau highlighted the change.
UK-based Edrington also said today it has signed long-term agreements with distribution groups across the US, including Charmer Sunbelt Group, Martignetti Co's, Republic National Distributing Co, Wirtz Beverage Group and Youngs Market Co.
The agreements “establish Edrington’s route to US consumers across North America”, the company said.
The Charmer-Sunbelt Group - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts