US: Edrington launches US unit, signs distribution deals
Edrington owns The Macallan Scotch brand
Edrington has officially launched its in-house US distribution unit as it targets growth in the world's biggest spirits market.
Edrington Americas, which was confirmed today (1 May), completes The Macallan and Brugal owner's switch to wholly-owned distribution teams in all its global markets. It follows the creation of similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa last year.
Paul Ross, president & CEO for Edrington Americas, said the unit, “means that we are well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities for our portfolio”.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Edrington CEO Ian Curle discussed the setting up of the unit, saying, “It's a big step - we're right in the middle of it - but it feels really positive.”
just-drinks revealed last year that Edrington was to take US distribution in-house when previous distributor Rémy Cointreau highlighted the change.
UK-based Edrington also said today it has signed long-term agreements with distribution groups across the US, including Charmer Sunbelt Group, Martignetti Co's, Republic National Distributing Co, Wirtz Beverage Group and Youngs Market Co.
The agreements “establish Edrington’s route to US consumers across North America”, the company said.
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2014....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research