US: Edrington launches US unit, signs distribution deals
Edrington owns The Macallan Scotch brand
Edrington has officially launched its in-house US distribution unit as it targets growth in the world's biggest spirits market.
Edrington Americas, which was confirmed today (1 May), completes The Macallan and Brugal owner's switch to wholly-owned distribution teams in all its global markets. It follows the creation of similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa last year.
Paul Ross, president & CEO for Edrington Americas, said the unit, “means that we are well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities for our portfolio”.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Edrington CEO Ian Curle discussed the setting up of the unit, saying, “It's a big step - we're right in the middle of it - but it feels really positive.”
just-drinks revealed last year that Edrington was to take US distribution in-house when previous distributor Rémy Cointreau highlighted the change.
UK-based Edrington also said today it has signed long-term agreements with distribution groups across the US, including Charmer Sunbelt Group, Martignetti Co's, Republic National Distributing Co, Wirtz Beverage Group and Youngs Market Co.
The agreements “establish Edrington’s route to US consumers across North America”, the company said.
The Charmer-Sunbelt Group - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Edrington has appointed a head of its European Travel Retail unit, which is due to launch next week....
Canadean's "The Charmer Sunbelt Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
Maxxium UK is promoting an internal candidate to head up the unit in the wake of Huw Pennell's upcoming departure. ...
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014