US: Edrington launches US unit, signs distribution deals
Edrington owns The Macallan Scotch brand
Edrington has officially launched its in-house US distribution unit as it targets growth in the world's biggest spirits market.
Edrington Americas, which was confirmed today (1 May), completes The Macallan and Brugal owner's switch to wholly-owned distribution teams in all its global markets. It follows the creation of similar units covering South-East Asia, the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa last year.
Paul Ross, president & CEO for Edrington Americas, said the unit, “means that we are well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities for our portfolio”.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Edrington CEO Ian Curle discussed the setting up of the unit, saying, “It's a big step - we're right in the middle of it - but it feels really positive.”
just-drinks revealed last year that Edrington was to take US distribution in-house when previous distributor Rémy Cointreau highlighted the change.
UK-based Edrington also said today it has signed long-term agreements with distribution groups across the US, including Charmer Sunbelt Group, Martignetti Co's, Republic National Distributing Co, Wirtz Beverage Group and Youngs Market Co.
The agreements “establish Edrington’s route to US consumers across North America”, the company said.
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2014....
Spirits in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends