INDIA: Edrington launches Black Grouse in India
The Edrington Group has launched its Black Grouse whisky in India.
The Black Grouse will initially be available in Delhi, with launches in other cities to follow, the company said today (8 October).
Derek Brown, brand heritage director for The Famous Grouse said the whisky is a "welcome addition" to The Famous Grouse range.
"We are seeing a trend towards fuller flavoured whiskies and we feel The Black Grouse delivers this on all levels. It will give drinkers keen to embrace a stronger peated whisky the opportunity to try this from a trusted premium brand," he added.
The Black Grouse comes in a 1 litre bottle and is priced at INR2,250 (US$48.51).
Launching The Black Grouse, Paramjit Singh, director - India and area countries, said: "The Indian consumers have an affinity towards smoky and peated whisky. The Black Grouse will appeal to their palettes and we are certain that it will be both enjoyed and appreciated."
Last month The Edrington Group launched a limited edition carton for its Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the run-up to Christmas.
Just over 120,000 cartons will be created and predominantly distributed in the UK, South Africa, Russia and Portugal.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends