Product Launch – GLOBAL: Edrington Group's The Famous Grouse 40 Year Old
Click through to view an image of the product
Category – Blended Scotch whisky, 47.3% abv
Available/loacation – At Amsterdam airport from August exclusively for two months before a roll-out to global travel-retail in October and then Sweden, Taiwan, UK and Australia in November.
Price - GBP2,000 (US$3,045) for 70cl decanter
Distribution – Maxxium
The Famous Grouse 40 Year Old is the oldest variant ever to be released by the brand's owners, The Edrington Group.
Blended from four ex-sherry casks by former master blender John Ramsay, this new Scotch is limited to 276 decanters, which have been engraved by Scottish design firm Timorous Beasties.
Earlier this month, Edrington reported a slight rise in full-year sales, but a GBP274.8m (US$418.4m) write-down of its Brugal rum brand pushed its profits into the red.
The group last month confirmed details of a major shake-up of its global distribution network.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends