Product Launch – GLOBAL: Edrington Group's The Famous Grouse 40 Year Old
Click through to view an image of the product
Category – Blended Scotch whisky, 47.3% abv
Available/loacation – At Amsterdam airport from August exclusively for two months before a roll-out to global travel-retail in October and then Sweden, Taiwan, UK and Australia in November.
Price - GBP2,000 (US$3,045) for 70cl decanter
Distribution – Maxxium
The Famous Grouse 40 Year Old is the oldest variant ever to be released by the brand's owners, The Edrington Group.
Blended from four ex-sherry casks by former master blender John Ramsay, this new Scotch is limited to 276 decanters, which have been engraved by Scottish design firm Timorous Beasties.
Earlier this month, Edrington reported a slight rise in full-year sales, but a GBP274.8m (US$418.4m) write-down of its Brugal rum brand pushed its profits into the red.
The group last month confirmed details of a major shake-up of its global distribution network.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Greetings from Jerez in southern Spain, the home of the Sherry industry. I'm here with Edrington to learn about the importance of Sherry casks to the producers of Scotch whisky....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research