Product Launch - US/ONLINE: Edrington Group's Highland Park Loki
Click through to view Edrington Group's Highland Park Loki
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Orkney, single malt, 15 years old, 48.7% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Global, in the key markets of the UK, the Nordics, Russia, the US, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Japan and Taiwan. Also available from the Highland Park distillery and on the Highland Park website
Price - SRP of US$249 per unit
Edrington Group has lined up the launch of the second release in its Valhalla collection for the Highland Park Scotch whisky brand.
Loki follows the release of Highland Park Thor last year, and will be followed by two more extensions in the collection.
A total of 21,000 units will be released.
Loki is one of the most complex characters in Norse mythology, regularly positioned as a trickster and often engaged in treachery and mischief. Highland Park Single Malt Scotch has released a whisky that bottles the characteristics of Loki while still celebrating the unique Highland Park house style.
The second release in The Valhalla Collection, a set of four unique whiskies, which take inspiration from the legendary Nordic gods of old, Loki continues the ground-breaking achievement that Thor began; a malt designed around the personality traits of an individual. The Orkney whisky maker has now created a unique flavor profile for Thor's follow up – Loki, a 15 Years Old Single Malt. While unquestionably Highland Park in style, the whisky mirrors the unpredictable, shape-shifting Loki character and as with the trickster god of fire himself, all is not as it seems.
There are classic traces of sweetness and spice, being matured in both traditional Spanish sherry casks as well as heavily peated casks, giving it a smoky punch, while retaining a light color. The finish is intriguing and complex. A chameleon-like whisky, constantly changing from appearance to finish, the expert palates who have savored Loki describe it as, "enigmatic" and "truly another whisky of the gods."
Gerry Tosh, Global Marketing Manager says, "Thor was the first of its kind, a true quality malt built around an individual's personality. This proved massively successful and it sold out globally. Loki will continue to take Highland Park and The Valhalla Collection into new territory.
While everyone will recognize the definite 'Highland Park-ness' of this 15 Years Old Single Malt, it will be the unexpected and surprisingly smoky dynamics that will really get palates excited and mouths talking. This is unlike any expression that has come before and will beguile and fascinate with its complexity and trickery. Remember, all is not as it seems."
Highland Park Loki, a limited edition Single Malt bottled at 48.7% ABV, comes housed in the same unique and award-winning wooden frame as Thor, echoing the fearsome contours of a traditional Viking long ship.
Loki will be available in select whisky retailers, at the Highland Park distillery and on the Highland Park website at a SRP of $249.
Original source: Company Release
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends