Product Launch - GLOBAL: Edrington Group's Highland Park 50 Year Old
Edrington Group's Highland Park 50 Year Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 44.8% abv
Available - 275 bottles. Exclusively in Harrods, London, until end of October, then to be launched worldwide
Location - Luxury and specialist retailers and top hotels
Price - GBP10,000 (US$15,700) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Maxxium in the UK and worldwide via the Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine distribution alliance
This is the oldest whisky to be released by Edrington from the Orkney-based Highland Park distillery. Its pure silver bottle design was devised by Scottish artist Maeve Gillies and produced by silversmith Jonathan Winter.
Matthew Turner, global controller of Highland Park, said: “The success of Highland Park’s 30 and 40 Year Old single malts, coupled with the distillery’s enviable position of having aged whisky stocks available, has enabled Highland Park to meet increasing demand for exclusive bottlings."
Brand ambassador Gerry Tosh told just-drinks at the launch party in Harrods last night (30 September) that the majority of Highland Park 50 sales are expected to be made in the UK, US and mainland Europe, including Russia.
A recent product extension in the Scotch whisky category has caught Richard Woodard's eye this month. While the move is certainly a positive in its use of innovation, it also shows how difficult it is...
The Edrington Group and Rémy Cointreau Travel Retail Americas (RCTRA) have created the position of trade marketing manager & brand ambassador in their Americas travel retail division....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets