Exclusive - UK/SWEDEN: Edrington Group trials flavoured Famous Grouse variants
Click through to view the Citrus variant bottle
The Famous Grouse Citrus, Vanilla and Spice were tested in 1 litre packages at 35% abv through Swedish retailer Scanbolaget.com, retailing at SEK206 (US$ 31.16), just-drinks understands.
The Famous Grouse Citrus is described as "fresh and zesty infusion of lime, lemon, orange and The Famous Grouse”. Interest in flavoured spirit drink variants of leading Scotch whisky brands has been stimulated by Bacardi’s recent launch of Dewar’s Highlander Honey.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (31 May), Helen Potter, The Famous Grouse's innovation & development manager said: "The Famous Grouse is a brand that consistently seeks to innovate, developing new and interesting products designed to appeal to both our loyal customer base and new audiences.
"This flavour range was part of our on-going exploration into flavour development, and has allowed us to learn more about this particular innovation stream."
Asked about future plans for the variants, the company said it is "just a test" at this stage.
2013 was a transformative year for Edrington as it severed its 28-year distribution agreement with Rémy Cointreau to take direct control over its own distribution network in the US. This is a key move...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"