Exclusive - UK/SWEDEN: Edrington Group trials flavoured Famous Grouse variants
Click through to view the Citrus variant bottle
The Famous Grouse Citrus, Vanilla and Spice were tested in 1 litre packages at 35% abv through Swedish retailer Scanbolaget.com, retailing at SEK206 (US$ 31.16), just-drinks understands.
The Famous Grouse Citrus is described as "fresh and zesty infusion of lime, lemon, orange and The Famous Grouse”. Interest in flavoured spirit drink variants of leading Scotch whisky brands has been stimulated by Bacardi’s recent launch of Dewar’s Highlander Honey.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (31 May), Helen Potter, The Famous Grouse's innovation & development manager said: "The Famous Grouse is a brand that consistently seeks to innovate, developing new and interesting products designed to appeal to both our loyal customer base and new audiences.
"This flavour range was part of our on-going exploration into flavour development, and has allowed us to learn more about this particular innovation stream."
Asked about future plans for the variants, the company said it is "just a test" at this stage.
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future