Exclusive - UK/SWEDEN: Edrington Group trials flavoured Famous Grouse variants
Click through to view the Citrus variant bottle
The Famous Grouse Citrus, Vanilla and Spice were tested in 1 litre packages at 35% abv through Swedish retailer Scanbolaget.com, retailing at SEK206 (US$ 31.16), just-drinks understands.
The Famous Grouse Citrus is described as "fresh and zesty infusion of lime, lemon, orange and The Famous Grouse”. Interest in flavoured spirit drink variants of leading Scotch whisky brands has been stimulated by Bacardi’s recent launch of Dewar’s Highlander Honey.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (31 May), Helen Potter, The Famous Grouse's innovation & development manager said: "The Famous Grouse is a brand that consistently seeks to innovate, developing new and interesting products designed to appeal to both our loyal customer base and new audiences.
"This flavour range was part of our on-going exploration into flavour development, and has allowed us to learn more about this particular innovation stream."
Asked about future plans for the variants, the company said it is "just a test" at this stage.
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets