Exclusive - UK/SWEDEN: Edrington Group trials flavoured Famous Grouse variants
Click through to view the Citrus variant bottle
The Famous Grouse Citrus, Vanilla and Spice were tested in 1 litre packages at 35% abv through Swedish retailer Scanbolaget.com, retailing at SEK206 (US$ 31.16), just-drinks understands.
The Famous Grouse Citrus is described as "fresh and zesty infusion of lime, lemon, orange and The Famous Grouse”. Interest in flavoured spirit drink variants of leading Scotch whisky brands has been stimulated by Bacardi’s recent launch of Dewar’s Highlander Honey.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (31 May), Helen Potter, The Famous Grouse's innovation & development manager said: "The Famous Grouse is a brand that consistently seeks to innovate, developing new and interesting products designed to appeal to both our loyal customer base and new audiences.
"This flavour range was part of our on-going exploration into flavour development, and has allowed us to learn more about this particular innovation stream."
Asked about future plans for the variants, the company said it is "just a test" at this stage.
The UK division of Beam Inc is set to launch the biggest "through the line" campaign for its Sourz liqueur brand in the country, centred around a TV advert....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research