UK: Edrington Group targets Hogmanay with Famous Grouse edition
Click through to see the packaging for The Famous Grouse Hogmanay edition
Maxxium UK, Edrington's joint distribution, marketing and sales venture with Beam Global Spirits & Wine, said yesterday that a limited edition 70cl gift carton will be available only in Scotland from 27 December to celebrate Hogmanay. 'The Famous First Foot' will be available exclusively through 57 Wm Morrison stores in Scotland and features a creative taken from the latest TV advert which is appearing over the Christmas period.
"This is the first time that we have created a gift pack designed specifically for Hogmanay," said Linda Sooprayen, The Famous Grouse's brand manager at Maxxium UK. "By using an on-pack creative that links directly with our new Christmas TV advert this will ... amplify the advert in store and drive sales."
The limited edition will only be available while stocks last, although the company was unable to specify how many packs will be produced.
Hogmanay is the term Scots use for New Year's Eve.
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal....
A recent product extension in the Scotch whisky category has caught Richard Woodard's eye this month. While the move is certainly a positive in its use of innovation, it also shows how difficult it is...
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"