UK: Edrington Group switches distillery managers at Macallan, Highland Park
The Edrington Group has confirmed a change of distillery managers at two of its whisky facilities in Scotland.
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse whisky brand, said earlier today (18 April) that Russell Anderson, who heads up production at its Highland Park distillery on Orkney, will move to The Macallan site on Speyside. Replacing Anderson, who has spent 15 years at Highland Park, will be Graham Manson.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that Anderson is replacing Alexander Tweedie, the current manager at The Macallan. Tweedie is taking on the role of technical support manager for Edrington as Bill Crilly is retiring from the role later this year.
Manson joins Edrington from North British Distillery, where he has been engineering manager since 1997. He also spent time with Diageo, working on its Bell’s Scotch brand.
Between 1998 and 2000, Anderson was production manager at The Macallan.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report