UK: Edrington Group switches distillery managers at Macallan, Highland Park
The Edrington Group has confirmed a change of distillery managers at two of its whisky facilities in Scotland.
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse whisky brand, said earlier today (18 April) that Russell Anderson, who heads up production at its Highland Park distillery on Orkney, will move to The Macallan site on Speyside. Replacing Anderson, who has spent 15 years at Highland Park, will be Graham Manson.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that Anderson is replacing Alexander Tweedie, the current manager at The Macallan. Tweedie is taking on the role of technical support manager for Edrington as Bill Crilly is retiring from the role later this year.
Manson joins Edrington from North British Distillery, where he has been engineering manager since 1997. He also spent time with Diageo, working on its Bell’s Scotch brand.
Between 1998 and 2000, Anderson was production manager at The Macallan.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research