UK: Edrington Group readies royal wedding Macallan
Click through to see the special edition of The Macallan
The company said earlier today (14 April) that it will release 1,000 bottles of the special edition Macallan, with each bottle containing Scotch taken from two casks, both filled on 29 April; one from 1996 and one from 1999. The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton will take place in London on 29 April.
The bottles are available from The Macallan's visitor centre at the distillery in Scotland, and online for UK only at a price of GBP150 (US$245) each.
The Macallan was also available as a commemorative edition to mark the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer, Prince William's parents, back in 1981.
Every season appears to be awards season in our industry. And, while Ian Buxton bemoans the number of awards up for grabs in brown spirits, his comments could also be applied to beer, soft drinks, wat...
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Diageo is toasting the release of The IWSR's Top 50 International Spirits Brands list, holding on to the top spot and boasting the largest grower in the top ten....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review