UK/GLOBAL: Edrington Group readies Macallan 1824 Series extension
Coming soon: The Macallan 1824 Series from The Edrington Group
The company confirmed earlier today (26 June) that 'The 1824 Series' will hit the UK this Autumn. Edrington declined to detail, however, if the new range will replace any existing variants in the Macallan portfolio.
The 1824 Series has been matured in oak Sherry casks from Spain, the firm said. The first expression will hit the UK in September, with further variants launching next year. France will also take stock in the New Year, with around 50 other markets launching in April.
“The 1824 Series … underlines our ongoing commitment to leading innovation,” said Ken Grier, director of malts at Edrington. “The move represents a major step in the evolution of The Macallan and we are extremely excited to be introducing this into the UK market first.”
The UK accounts for around 5% of The Macallan's sales, with Taiwan, the US, China, Japan and Russia making up the bulk.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets