UK: Edrington Group readies final Highland Park Ambassador's cask
For the final edition, cask 8,845 was chosen, the company said today (25 November). The 34-year-old 'special edition' was filled on 17 July 1974 and has been stored for three decades at the Highland Park distillery in northern Scotland.
Gerry Tosh, global brand ambassador for Highland Park, said: "I was really drawn to this particular cask and wanted to bottle it as the curtain call which would mark the success of our Ambassador's series."
The first Ambassador's Cask was released in 2005 and sold out within a few months, the distiller said.
"The recent expansion of the Highland Park range to include both 30-year-old and 40-year-old has been tremendously received by whisky connoisseurs all over the world and we have decided to stop releasing aged Ambassador's casks after this fifth and final instalment," added Tosh.
Only 228 70cl bottles will be launched, at a cask strength of 41.5% abv. Each of the Highland Park Ambassador's Cask 5 bottles are packaged in a wooden box and are available at the Kirkwall distillery and online for an RRP of GBP249 (US$375).
Having not made a major acquisition for a couple of years, Campari was back in the spotlight last month when it acquired Wild Turkey Bourbon from Pernod Ricard. Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz spoke w...
Spirits such as soju and cachaça may be less well known than vodka and whisky, but according to a new report from IWSR and just-drinks, could offer considerable benefits to multinationals, both in und...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Ian Macleod Distillers has lined up the launch of two 40-year-old single malt Scotch whiskies....
William Grant & Sons has launched an online social network for Glenfiddich, making it the latest Scotch whisky brand to build a community for its consumers....
Jamaican rum distiller Appleton Estate is to launch a print campaign in the UK aimed at attracting premium Scotch and whisky drinkers....
Diageo has declined to comment on a report that the drinks giant has asked several of its mid-ranking and senior employees in India to leave the business....
William Grant & Sons is expanding its Glenfiddich Distillery Edition Scotch whisky out of travel retail and into specialist retailers across key markets worldwide....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report