US: Edrington Group moves Cutty Sark distribution from Skyy Spirits to Remy Cointreau
Edrington has moved distribution of Cutty Sark in the US to Remy Cointreau
The company, which bought Cutty Sark from Berry Bros & Rudd in February last year, announced today (19 May) that it would move the brand across from Gruppo Campari-owned Skyy Spirits to the US arm of Rémy Cointreau when Skyy's contract ends on 25 June.
Cutty Sark follows Edrington's Brugal rum brand into Rémy Cointreau USA's distribution arsenal. The unit now represents Edrington's full spirits portfolio of five brands, including The Macallan, Highland Park and The Famous Grouse.
“Consolidating our Scotch whisky brands into Rémy Cointreau USA will make it easier to manage our brands as a portfolio and to gain share in this competitive spirit segment,” said Edrington’s president of the Americas, Paul Ross.
Edrington renewed its distribution association with Rémy Cointreau USA, including Rémy Cointreau Travel Retail Americas, at the beginning of this year.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing, which focuses on the Champagne category, sees Richard Woodard review the industry's main players....
Innovation in the spirits industry is 'a good thing'. But, Richard Woodard is worried that, of occasion, some spirits companies run the risk of disappearing up their own still pipes when they over-inn...
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Mark Breene as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of its US business....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer