US: Edrington Group moves Cutty Sark distribution from Skyy Spirits to Remy Cointreau
Edrington has moved distribution of Cutty Sark in the US to Remy Cointreau
The company, which bought Cutty Sark from Berry Bros & Rudd in February last year, announced today (19 May) that it would move the brand across from Gruppo Campari-owned Skyy Spirits to the US arm of Rémy Cointreau when Skyy's contract ends on 25 June.
Cutty Sark follows Edrington's Brugal rum brand into Rémy Cointreau USA's distribution arsenal. The unit now represents Edrington's full spirits portfolio of five brands, including The Macallan, Highland Park and The Famous Grouse.
“Consolidating our Scotch whisky brands into Rémy Cointreau USA will make it easier to manage our brands as a portfolio and to gain share in this competitive spirit segment,” said Edrington’s president of the Americas, Paul Ross.
Edrington renewed its distribution association with Rémy Cointreau USA, including Rémy Cointreau Travel Retail Americas, at the beginning of this year.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing, which focuses on the Champagne category, sees Richard Woodard review the industry's main players....
Innovation in the spirits industry is 'a good thing'. But, Richard Woodard is worried that, of occasion, some spirits companies run the risk of disappearing up their own still pipes when they over-inn...
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Mark Breene as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of its US business....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends