TFWA: Edrington Group lines up next Lalique decanter
Click through to view The Edrington Group's The Macallan in Lalique Curiously Small Stills
The company, which has had a partnership with French crystal house Lalique since 2005, announced the release of 'The Macallan in Lalique Curiously Small Stills' decanter at TFWA in Cannes today (20 September). The 70cl decanter, which is limited to 400 units, will be available on allocation globally.
Retailing at US$20,000, the fourth series in the collection is a 60-year-old single malt in a crystal decanter produced at Lalique facility in Wingen-sur-Moder in Alsace. The whisky was drawn from five Sherry butts, made from a mix of Spanish and American oak, filled in November 1950.
Speaking to just-drinks at today's launch event, David Cox, the director of fine & rare whiskies at The Macallan, said that he expects the majority of bottles to be sold in Asia Pacific, specifically Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and China.
In part two of this month's four-part just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard continues to cast his eye over the rebranding process. What are the effects of a rebrand, and how broadly are tho...
It's case study time in this month's management briefing. In this, the penultimate part of Richard Woodard's look at rebranding, we see the right - and the wrong - way to do it....
There's a large and very prominently displayed sign at the entrance of Kavalan's visitor centre in their distillery at Yi-Lan, Taiwan. "The New Homeland of Whisky", it reads. Now, it would be easy to ...
This week is prediction week on just-drinks. On Thursday, Chris Losh will give us his annual, tongue-in-cheek forecasts for the coming year. Today, however, Ian Buxton, consider what might happen in b...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends