UK: Edrington Group launches Macallan addition
Estate Oak, introduced exclusively for global duty free airports, has been rolled out to support ongoing woodland regeneration in Scotland, the company said yesterday (30 July).
For each bottle sold, The Macallan will plant an oak tree on The Macallan Estate in Speyside.
"We anticipate it will be a huge success with people wanting to make a difference to the environment," said William Ovens, The Edrington Group's global travel retail area director.
The Macallan Estate Oak is available in world duty free stores and priced at GBP34.99 (US$69.35) per bottle.
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
Maxxium is gearing up for a flurry of activity for The Famous Grouse around this year's Six Nations rugby tournament....
Scotch whisky brand The Famous Grouse is to release 250 bottles of 37-year-old blended malt Scotch to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns....
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
The Edrington Group has lined up the launch of the fifth and final Ambassador's cask from its Highland Park Scotch whisky brand....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research