TRAVEL RETAIL: Edrington Group gives The Macallan travel retail boost
Click again for a look at the new travel retail stands for The Macallan
The company said earlier today (12 October) that The Macallan’s exclusive Travel Retail range, The 1824 Collection, will benefit from a “significant investment” in promotional campaigns in major airports within the region. Permanent and in-store branded displays, coupled with sampling in Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore, have been introduced for the brand.
“We made a strategic decision to invest in improving the visibility of The Macallan across key markets,” said Ryan Hill, Edrington’s area director for Asia Pacific Duty Free. “Working with the key airport authorities and travel retail partners we have been able to develop and innovate which has proved a vital way to achieve this … across many Asian locations.”
The 1824 Collection consists of Select Oak, Whisky Maker’s Edition, Estate Reserve, Oscuro and 1824 Limited Release.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends