UK: Edrington Group gets Glenrothes Sainsbury's listing
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The company said yesterday (24 June) that the Select Reserve will appear in 245 Sainsbury's outlets across the country from the middle of next month. Distribution of the whisky is handled by the UK arm of Maxxium, Edrington's joint venture with Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
"The launch of The Glenrothes Select Reserve into Sainsbury's outlets throughout the UK is an incredibly positive and exciting step for the brand and will allow more whisky drinkers to discover the secrets of this exceptional single malt," said Jen McLaren, Maxxium UK's assistant brand manager for The Glenrothes.
The Glenrothes is also available in a limited range of vintages, currently including 1978, 1985, 1991 and 1994.
The Glenrothes Select Reserve was launched in 2005.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends