UK: Edrington Group gets Glenrothes Sainsbury's listing
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand.
The company said yesterday (24 June) that the Select Reserve will appear in 245 Sainsbury's outlets across the country from the middle of next month. Distribution of the whisky is handled by the UK arm of Maxxium, Edrington's joint venture with Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
"The launch of The Glenrothes Select Reserve into Sainsbury's outlets throughout the UK is an incredibly positive and exciting step for the brand and will allow more whisky drinkers to discover the secrets of this exceptional single malt," said Jen McLaren, Maxxium UK's assistant brand manager for The Glenrothes.
The Glenrothes is also available in a limited range of vintages, currently including 1978, 1985, 1991 and 1994.
The Glenrothes Select Reserve was launched in 2005.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends