UK: Edrington Group extends Famous Grouse rugby backing
The private company said late last week that it was committing The Famous Grouse to the sport in Scotland for a further two years as official spirit of Scottish Rugby in a six-figure deal.
The whisky will subsequently celebrate its 21st year of sponsorship of Scottish Rugby, one of the longest sponsorships in the history of international sport, the company claimed.
"The Famous Grouse has been with Scottish Rugby since 1990, when we first sponsored the Scotland team on their tour of New Zealand hard on the heels of their Grand Slam," said Gerry O'Donnell, director of The Famous Grouse. "Our sponsorship of the national team through until 2007 earned The Famous Grouse the title of the longest-running national team sponsorship in the world of rugby.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has released its latest Christmas advert for The Famous Grouse in the UK....
The Edrington Group has lined up new packaging for its The Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in four markets, including the UK....
The Black Grouse Scotch whisky, owned by Edrington Group and distributed by Maxxium UK, is to be the subject of a marketing campaign in the UK....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report