GLOBAL: Edrington Group creates Americas Duty Free, UK & Ireland area head post
The reshuffle at The Edrington Group has resulted in the creation of the Americas Duty Free and UK & Ireland area positon
A reshuffle of area responsibilities at The Edrington Group has led to the creation of the role of area director for Americas Duty Free and UK & Ireland.
The spirits company, which owns The Macallan, The Famous Grouse and Brugal, said yesterday (10 May) that André de Almeida has been promoted internally to assume the new post. Based at company headquarters in Perth, Scotland, de Almeida will assume the position with immediate effect.
He will be responsible for developing the company’s portfolio in duty free markets across North, Central and Latin America and in the UK and Ireland domestic markets.
Innovation in the spirits industry is 'a good thing'. But, Richard Woodard is worried that, of occasion, some spirits companies run the risk of disappearing up their own still pipes when they over-inn...
Every season appears to be awards season in our industry. And, while Ian Buxton bemoans the number of awards up for grabs in brown spirits, his comments could also be applied to beer, soft drinks, wat...
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Diageo is toasting the release of The IWSR's Top 50 International Spirits Brands list, holding on to the top spot and boasting the largest grower in the top ten....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned